Saturday, April 26, 20088:00 pm
- Free admission
Works by Butterfield, Oesterle, Sokolović and Vivier.
Two countries, two ensembles, two concerts… three Viviers! Sweden joins in the Vivier celebrations thanks to the Bozzini quartet: the Montreal-based group plays host to The Peärls Before Swïne Experience ensemble as part of its annual “Composer’s Salon.” From the relatively obscure (String Quartet) to the most frequently performed (Pulau Dewata), works by Claude Vivier are interspersed throughout a programme devoted exclusively to Canadian and Swedish music. An excellent window on Vivier’s work, of course, but also on today’s new music… with musicians who aren’t afraid of a little innovation!
- Quatuor à cordes (1968), 8:00string quartet
- Trip (2008), 20:00Premiere (Canada)string quartet
- Blanc dominant (1998), 15:00string quartet
- Lullaby (1991), 19:006 string instruments
- Pulau Dewata (1977), 11:47Arr. Michael Oesterle, 2002string quartetOriginal work: Pulau Dewata
Coproduction Quatuor Bozzini / Espace Musique