Tuesday, March 2, 20048:00 pm
- In person
Works by Bashaw, Bouliane, Grisey, Messiaen and Wolf.
MusiMarch is very proud to count amongst its collaborators exceptional performers from the National Arts Centre Orchestra from Ottawa.
Consistent praise has followed this vibrant, classical-sized orchestra throughout its history of touring both nationally and internationally, recording, and commissioning Canadian works. The worldrenowned conductor/violinist/violist Pinchas Zukerman was named Music Director of the Orchestra in March 1998. The National Arts Centre Orchestra was founded in 1969 as the resident orchestra of the newly opened National Arts Centre (NAC) in Ottawa.
National Arts Centre, Ottawa
Pinchas Zukerman, Music Director
Daphne Burt, Manager of Artistic Planning
Christopher Deacon, Managing Director
Denys Bouliane, Composer in Residence
- Prologue (1976), 12:00Premiere (Montréal (Québec))viola and electronic resonators
- Anubis-Nout (1983), 13:00Premiere (Canada)contrabass clarinet
- Préludes (1928-29)Excerptpiano
- Preludes Book I (1997, 99), 16:00 excerptPremiere (Montréal (Québec)) / Excerptpiano
- Mörike Lieder (1997), 13:00Premiere (Canada)Orch. Gérard Griseysoprano and 9 musicians
- Des caresses… (1994), 14:00Premiere (Montréal (Québec))alto flute, violin, viola, cello and double bass
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.
Alto flute: Emily Smethurst •• Clarinet: Kimball Sykes, Peter Smith (+cor de basset / basset horn) •• French Horn: Elizabeth Simpson, Lawrence Vine •• Violin: Jessica Linnebach, David Thies-Thompson •• Viola: Donnie Deacon •• Cello: Leah Wyber •• Double Bass: Murielle Bruneau