Wednesday, May 18, 20058:00 pm
Works by Collard, Evangelista, Frigon, Gubler, Hamel and Zegers.
Quasar, the saxophone quartet in residence at SMCQ, comes together for an evening with its Swiss counterpart, the Arte Quartett. The two ensembles share artistic tastes, concerns, and enthusiasm, topped by a unique passion for contemporary saxophone repertoire. A meeting of virtuosos.
- Elektroshocks (2003), 18:008 saxophones and fixed medium
- Entre deux (2004-05), 8:00Premiere / Excerpt8 saxophones
- Largo, 8:00
- Saxoctet (1985), 12:00Premiere (Canada)8 saxophones
- Loud Speakers (1999), 7:00saxophone quartet (two tenor, and two baritone)
- Geyser Ghetto (2005), 9:33Premieresaxophone quartet
- À huit (2001), 19:258 spatialized saxophones
Coproduction Quasar / SMCQ