Tuesday, March 8, 20057:00 pm
- In person
Works by Dalbavie, de la Fuente, Klanac, Lanza and Louie.
For its second MNM festival concert, the French Court-circuit will be conducted by Denys Bouliane. This concert will provide the Montreal public with the premiere of Imaginary Opera by Alexina Louie, one of the most frequently performed Canadian composers. The programme will also feature a number of recent works by well-known French composers Marc-André Dalbavie, Benjamin de la Fuente, and Yan Maresz. This concert is a repeat performance of one given by Court-circuit at the Présences festival in Paris.
Court-circuit benefits from the financial support of the Drac Île-de-France and of the Sacem for its entire activities, of the Association Française d’Action Artistique, of the Dai and of the Spedidam for its participation abroad.
- Pris de court (2001), 13:00oboe, clarinet, bass clarinet, piano, violin and cello
- Axiom (2004), 13:00piano, clarinet, bassoon and trumpet
- La joie éclatante des jeunes époux (1999), 13:0016 musicians
- Imaginary Opera (2004), 15:00flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, piano, 2 percussions, violin, viola, cello and double bass
- Aschenblume (2001), 18:00flute, clarinet, piano, 2 percussions, violin, viola, cello and double bass
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.