Saturday, February 21, 20097:30 pm
- In person
- Sorry, sold out
Works by Bédard, Dufort, Gonneville, Luna Ponce, Ortiz, Saint-Denis and Sigal.
Honorary Patron: Hubert Reeves
Music from the high skies! The yearly journeys of Monarch butterflies between Quebec and Mexico have grown into an eco-musical theme for Véronique Lacroix, director of ECM+ (Ensemble contemporain de Montréal+), who has brought together 13 musicians, 7 composers, and 3 videographers from both places. With no fewer than 7 premieres, this concert represents a unique marriage between music and the new technologies that have shed light on the fragile beauty of our environment and an endangered species. A prelude to the concert — a documentary on Monarch butterflies. ECM+ has produced innovative multi-disciplinary concerts, presented ensembles and young guest soloists, and pushed the envelope of musical creativity since it was founded in 1997.
- Vitrales de Ambar (2009), 12:00Premiereflute, clarinet, percussion, piano, violin, viola and cello
- Juegos de mariposas (2009)Premiere
- Imago (2009)Premiereflute, clarinet, piano, percussion, violin, viola, cello and fixed medium
- Relais papillons (2009), 12:00Premiere5 instruments
- Soul Vector (2009)Premiereflute, clarinet, violin, cello, Fender Rhodes piano and fixed medium
- Pulsacion (2009), 9:00Premierepercussion, video and fixed medium
- Wing of Wind (2009), 8:14Premiereflute and processing
Coproduction ECM+ / Conservatoire de musique de Montréal / MNM