Friday, October 16, 20098:00 pm
- Free admission with pass
Fiolûtröniq and MariÈve Lauzon perform works by Dick, Frigon, Laverdure, Palacio-Quintin and Tremblay.
From flute to hyper flute by way of some digital twists and turns, Cléo Palacio-Quintin reinvents her instrument. This year’s composer-in-residence at the Chapelle Historique du Bon-Pasteur opens her season with an autobiographical concert made up of key works from her career, including a salute to Gilles Tremblay with his work Envol. The event provides a wide-angled view of a multi-talented artist… and of her surprisingly astonishing instrument.
MariÈve Lauzon, flute
- Dansar en stjärna av sin blick (1997), 8:30flute
- Recombinant Landscapes (1988)
- L’alchimie de Psyché (2007), 13:00viola da gamba and processingSolo hyper-bass-flute version
- Protée ou les quatre virus en plastique mou (2009), 5:00hyper-flute, viola da gamba and fixed medium [pre-recorded voice]
- Composition V (2008), 5:00hyper-flute and fixed medium
- Improvisation à la gorge (2008), 5:00hyper-flute
- Relax (2008)
Production Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur
Combining electronics with flutes (“hyper flutes”) and viola da gamba, Fiolûtröniq’s devotion to new music allows audiences to discover unique repertoire at each of its concerts.