Friday, April 29, 20118:00 pm
Ensemble Transmission performs works by Harman, Harvey, Lizée, Murail, Oesterle and Palacio-Quintin.
Preceded by short talk with Cléo Palacio-Quintin (7:15 pm).
Again this year, SMCQ has invited the skillful Transmission ensemble to present a concert where works by local composers and monuments of 21st-century music will brush elbows. Transmission’s six virtuosos will wow us with their passionate readings of a very difficult repertoire through premieres by Nicole Lizée and Chris Paul Harman and reprises by Cléo Palacio-Quintin, Jonathan Harvey, Michael Oesterle and Tristan Murail.
This concert is being recorded by Radio-Canada’s music radio network Espace musique (100.7 FM in Montreal) for national broadcast at a later date on Soirées classiques, hosted by Michel Keable, Mondays to Thursdays at 8 pm. It will also be available to listeners on demand through Espace musique’s Web radio service at musique.radio-canada.ca.
- The Riot (1993), 8:00flute, bass clarinet and piano
- Feuilles à travers les cloches (1998), 6:30flute, violin, cello and piano
- Der Tag mit seinem Light (2011), 12:00Premiereflute, clarinet, violin, cello and piano
- Synesthesia 2: Le sourire de l’étoile bleue (2002), 8:30flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano, percussion and fixed medium
- Urban Canticle (1999), 9:00flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano and percussion
- Music for Body-Without-Organs (2011), 15:00Premiereflute, clarinet, violin, cello and piano
Coproduction SMCQ / Ensemble Transmission / Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur