Thursday, October 20, 20118:00 pm
- In person
Works by Egoyan, Frehner, Ruders, Sharman and Sokolović.
Attention: Not for the faint of heart! The Aventa ensemble of 15 musicians will challenge listeners to move from a state of contemplation (Géométrie sentimentale) to an euphoric vertigo (Voluptuous Panic) by way of sensuality and brightness evoking the music of Kafka’s era (Kafkapriccio). Extreme programming — Aventa gives full coverage!
- Elsewhereless (1998), 8:00 excerptPremiere (Montréal (Québec)) / Excerptchamber orchestraScene 4
- Tanzer Lieder (2004), 15:00PremiereArr. Ana Sokolović, 2011baritone and chamber orchestraOriginal work: Tanzer Lieder
- KafKapriccio (2008), 19:00chamber orchestra
- Voluptuous Panic (2011), 13:00chamber orchestra
- Cabaret Songs (1998)baritone and chamber orchestra
- Géométrie sentimentale (1997), 14:54flute, oboe, B-flat clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, percussion, piano and string quintet
Hailing from British Columbia with a reputation for high quality performances and original repertoire choices, Aventa is one of Canada’s most respected contemporary music ensembles.