Monday, December 12, 20117:30 pm
- In person
Atelier de musique contemporaine de l’Université de Montréal (ATMC) and Lorraine Vaillancourt perform works by Anderson, Cage, Corigliano, Harvey, Ives, Morel, Scelsi, Sokolović, Tanzer and Théberge.
The Université de Montréal’s Atelier de musique contemporaine pays tribute to one of their own: Lorraine Vaillancourt and the Atelier’s student musicians celebrate Sokolović’s music, which has sounded throughout the university’s hallways since 1990. In a programme mainly devoted to Ana Sokolović’s chamber works, students will enthusiastically submerse listeners in the composer’s musical universe.
Lorraine Vaillancourt, conductor
- Three Quarter-Tone Pieces (1923-24), 11:00piano
- Prelude and Fugue for GG (2007), 4:20piano
- The Wonderful Widow of Eighteen Springs (1942), 2:30voice and closed piano
- A Void Not Filled With Words (1984), 15:00saxophones and percussion
- Run Before Lightning (2004), 9:00flute and piano
- Chiaroscuro (1997), 12:002 pianos tuned one 4th-tone apart
- Quattro pezzi (1956), 9:00horn
- Piano Etudes Nos. 1-3 (1995-98), 14:00piano
- Pesma (1996-2006), 15:00mezzo-soprano, flute, 2 clarinets, piano, violin, viola and cello
- Enjeux (2013), 8:00Premierepiano
- Tanzer Lieder (2004), 15:00soprano, flute, cello and piano
Production Faculté de musique de l’Université de Montréal
Resting on conductor Lorraine Vaillancourt’s musical rigour and sensitivity since 1975, the Atelier de musique contemporaine leads student performers to discover and master new music repertoires.