Friday, October 14, 20118:00 pm
- In person
Works by Bertrand, Doré, Frehner, Frigon, Gilbert, McKinley, Palacio-Quintin and Sokolović.
Celebrate a decade of new works at the Chapelle Historique du Bon-Pasteur! The Chapelle celebrates its composer-in-residence programme, founded ten years ago by Simon Bertrand. To mark the event, incumbent Maxime McKinley offers a retrospective of this dazzling period with presentations of his predecessors’ works, all for solo instruments and performed by some of Montreal’s most reputed musicians. A McKinley work is also slated for performance, and, in keeping with the tribute theme and celebratory nature of the event, so is Sokolović’s Mesh!
- Mandala (2010), 11:00guitar
- La marée dans la bouche (2009), 5:00hyper-bass-fluteCléo Palacio-Quintin, hyper-bass-flute
- Axma (Relax) (2008)alto flute and fixed medium
- Finnegans Quarks Revival (2005-07)Excerptpiano
- Mesh (2004), 11:00E-flat clarinetLori Freedman,
- Ce que vit Kenjeke depuis la colline de Khabarousk (2002), 11:00soprano
- Excerptpiano (toy piano, accessories)
Production Fiolûtröniq, diffusée par la Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur
Restored in 1985, the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur is a major cultural centre in Montreal devoted to all kinds of music and home to nearly 200 concerts each year.