Thursday, October 13, 2011
Barbara Pritchard performs works by Adami, Bauer, Bizet, Blais, Giacosa, Halévy, Illica, Meilhac, Pritchard, Pritchard, Puccini, Sharman and Sokolović.
Halifax pianist and musical innovator Barbara Pritchard will present a solo piano recital at Acadia University. Hailed by William Littler of The Toronto Star as “one of our finest interpreters of contemporary keyboard music,” Miss Pritchard will play a program consisting of solo piano music by composers Robert Bauer, Jerome Blais, Mary Ellen Childs, David Litke, Alwynne Pritchard, Robert Pritchard, Rodney Sharman and Ana Sokolović.
Barbara Pritchard, piano
- Prelude and Fugue for GG (2007), 4:20piano
- (Dis-)Integration Variation (2011)stereo fixed medium
- Carmen (1875)Arr. Rodney Sharman, 1993Original work: Carmen
- Madama Butterfly (1904)Arr. Rodney Sharman, 1990
- The Swallow (1917)Arr. Rodney Sharman, 1991
- Mesarch (1997), 5:00piano
- Es ist Genug! (2007)
- Time clips, primitive (1993)