Tuesday, January 26, 20167:30 pm
Works by Goddard, LeBlanc, Rea, Ricketts, Tan, Tan, Touizrar and Volpini.
Closing “Rea Days at McGill,” several performers and Schulich School of Music ensembles present no less than five of the composer’s works (Music, according to Aquinas, Offenes Lied, Schattenwerk, Les raisons des forces mouvantes and La capra che suona). The program is completed by works written as tributes by several of his students, revolving around Las Meninas.
- Introductory Lecture by Eleanor Stubley: The echo of time in John Rea’s compositions: The making of a modern world
- Re-Rea[lized] (2015)piano
- Sequences (2015)Premierepiano
- Catalyst (2015)Premierepiano
- Fremdheit (2015)piano
- Two Pages for John Rea (2015)piano
- Schattenwerk (2003), 9:002 violins
- Les raisons des forces mouvantes (1984), 13:00string quartet and flute
- Anaphora II (1971, 72), 6:00pianoKyoko Hashimoto, piano
- Glide Reflexions (1984), 13:002 clarinets and 2 cellos
- Music, according to Aquinas (2000), 10:00chorus, 2 clarinets and cello
Production École de musique Schulich