Wednesday, December 15, 20217:30 pm
- In person
- Regular: $30.00
- Senior: $25.00
- Student: $15.00
- UQAM employees: $15.00
- Per person for groups of 10 and more: $10.00
- Attend the 2 anniversary concerts on December 14 and 15 for $40 (regular), $33 (senior), $20 (students & UQAM employees)
Works by Boulez, Garant, Klanac, Mather and Schafer.
Relive the very first concert of the Société de musique contemporaine du Québec! This event, which confirmed Quebec’s entry into musical modernity, featured some of our great composers. It bears witness to the musical stylings of the time, the emergence of a solid local repertoire … and the need to commission new works, as seen by the creation added to the original programme. The evening will also be “augmented” by an original scenography, imbuing the performance with a current touch and recalling our role as a precursor of the contemporary scene.
- Structures pour deux pianos, deuxième livre (1956-61), 23:002 pianos
- music theatresoprano, piano (celesta), 6 percussions, double bass and fixed medium
- Yerushalayim (2017), 18:00Premiereflute, B-flat clarinet, bassoon, organ, piano (sampler), Wurlitzer piano (sampler), celesta (sampler), classical guitar (folk guitar), harp, 2 percussions, violin, viola and cello
- Fantaisie (1964)piano
- Anerca (1961, 63)soprano, flute, clarinet, bassoon, harp, percussion, violin, viola and cello
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.