Sunday, May 1, 20223:00 pm
- In person
Wednesday, June 1, 20227:30 pm
- Online event
- Free admission with pass
- Doors open: 7:15 pm
A Quebecer at the confluence of San Francisco, New York and Montréal!
This portrait of composer Linda Bouchard takes us on a musical journey, punctuated by the poetry of natural phenomena, whose different layers and influences create a singular soundscape. On the programme: five emblematic pieces from her prolific career, taking us through a whole range of emotions, from the fiery Brasier to the refreshing Liquid States, including the premiere of Fracture, echoing the seismic fault. The audience will discover a colourful, dense and textured writing springing from the contagious energy of its successive home ports. Catch the wave as it rolls by!
Janna Sailor, conductor
- Compressions (1996), 10:002 horns, 3 trumpets (piccolo trumpet), 3 trombones, percussion, harp, piano, violin, viola, cello and double bass
- Liquid States (2004), 15:00chamber orchestra
- Réfraction (2015), 14:00string orchestra
- Fracture (2022), 11:00Premierestring ensemble, percussion and piano
- Brasier (2001), 10:00chamber orchestra
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.