Friday, April 25, 20088:00 pm
- In person
The Peärls Before Swïne Experience performs works by Butterfield, Ekström, Gosfield, Hedelin, Hillborg, Johnson, Murail, Petersson and Vivier.
Two countries, two ensembles, two concerts… three Viviers! Sweden joins in the Vivier celebrations thanks to the Bozzini quartet: the Montreal-based group plays host to The Peärls Before Swïne Experience ensemble as part of its annual “Composer’s Salon.” From the relatively obscure (String Quartet) to the most frequently performed (Pulau Dewata), works by Claude Vivier are interspersed throughout a programme devoted exclusively to Canadian and Swedish music. An excellent window on Vivier’s work, of course, but also on today’s new music… with musicians who aren’t afraid of a little innovation!
Sara Hammarström, flute; George Kentros, violin; Mats Olofsson, cello; Marten Landström, piano
- Truffle Hymn, 4:30
- The Glass Bead Game (2003), 5:00flute, violin, cello and fixed medium
- Beat My Ora Dora, 4:00
- 1st Application, 6:30
- Feuilles à travers les cloches (1998), 6:30flute, violin, cello and piano
- Paramirabo (1978), 15:00flute, violin, cello and piano
- Three pearls (2008), 3:00Premierepiccolo, piano, violin and cello
- Narayana’s Cows (1989), 15:00
Coproduction Quatuor Bozzini / Espace Musique