Sunday, March 6, 200519h00
- In person
Works by Hurel, Maresz, Matalon, Rea and Wallin.
For the two concerts it will give in Montreal, the French ensemble Court-Circuit will offer a varied programme integrating French, Norwegian and Canadian works. The latter are the fruit of collaborative commissions sponsored by Radio France’s Présences and the McGill-SMCQ Montreal/New Music festivals. Conducted by Pierre-André Valade, the first concert will include the Canadian premiere of Québécois composer John Rea’s Accident, a work commissioned as part of this exciting partnership, which will be given its world premiere prior to the MNM festival in Paris on February 2nd. A repeat performance of this concert will take place on Friday, March 4th at Ottawa’s Tabaret Hall. A work by Denys Bouliane, Du fouet et du plaisir will replace another by Rolf Wallin.
Court-circuit benefits from the financial support of the Drac Ile-de-France and of the Sacem for its entire activities, of the Association Française d’Action Artistique, of the Dai and of the Spedidam for its participation abroad.
- Entrelacs (1999), 12:006 musicians
- Trame IV (2001), 16:0012 musiciansJean-Marie Cottet, piano
- Accident (Tombeau de Grisey) (2004), 15:00Premiere2 clarinets, horn, trumpet, trombone, percussion, piano, 2 violins, viola, cello and double bass
- … à mesure (1997), 13:006 musicians
- The Age of Wire and String (2004), 15:006 musicians
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.