Monday, March 7, 20057:00 pm
- In person
Sunday, March 13, 2005
- In person
Works by Bouchard, Chan, Messiaen, Parsons and Ristic.
Migratory birds? Or yet another case of East meets West? Whatever the case may be, the three soloists, ten wind players from the ECM, and eight percussionists from Evergreen will meet on a road less travelled by, and haunted by the shimmering timbres of the modern and traditional gamelans, as composers paraphrase Olivier Messiaen’s endearing bird theme, also on the programme.
A production of the ECM in collaboration with MNM
Véronique Lacroix, conductor
Bill Parsons, guitar
Louise Bessette, piano
Éric Lagacé, double bass
- Faith: 3 shots (2005)electric guitar
- L’échappée d’ailes (2005), 15:00Premiere10 musicians and gamelan
- Projet de peuple (2005), 15:00Premiere
- Éveil aux oiseaux (2005), 15:00Premiere10 musicians and gamelan
- For there and then (2003)electric guitar and degung gamelan
- Oiseaux exotiques (1955-56)solo piano, flute (piccolo), oboe, 2 clarinets, E-flat clarinet, bass clarinet, bassoon, 2 horns, trumpet, percussion, glockenspiel and xylophoneLouise Bessette, piano
A Société de musique contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) production.