Thursday, September 27, 200720h00
- In person
Works by Boudreau, Duguay, Gonneville, Lesage, Tremblay and Vivier.
Walter Boudreau takes to the podium with the choir of the Studio de Musique Ancienne de Montréal (SMAM): an occasion that is not to be missed! As part of a scintillating concert given by the Société de Musique Contemporaine du Québec (SMCQ) that will bring together winds, percussion, organ, choir, and a narrator, the celebrated, red-shod conductor will set aside his own group for the time it takes to perform two works — to bring Claude Vivier alive with a whole choir of voices. A celestial experience at the centre of one fiery musical event!
- Ô! Kosmos! (1973)chorus and soprano
- Jesus erbarme dich (1974)chorus and soprano
- Fanfare: «… und was ist denn Musik?» (1988), 9:003 horns, 4 trumpets, 3 trombones and tuba
- HoMa (2007), 30:00Premiere24 wind instruments, 5 percussions and pipe organ
- Golgot(h)a (1990)Premierenarrator, soprano, mezzo-soprano, mixed chorus (SATB), 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones, tuba, organ, 5 percussions and processing2007 version
- Musique du feu (1991), 17:00solo piano, flute (piccolo), 2 flutes, 3 oboes, clarinet (bass clarinet), clarinet (clarinet in
E-flat), clarinet, 3 bassoons, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, bass trombone, 2 tubas and 6 percussions
Coproduction SMCQ / Orgue et Couleurs in collaboration with SMAM and Society for Arts and Technology [SAT]