Tuesday, February 24, 20097:30 pm
- In person
Works by Brasset, Carter, Dufour-Laperrière, García Islas, Gonneville, Tremblay and Vivier.
Butterfly meets Chrysalis: local young musicians share the stage with seasoned artists from Mexico during the MNM festival. As part of an inter-generational and intercultural exchange, the Montreal Conservatory opens its doors on a fertile laboratory sure to be literally teeming with life! With a programme showcasing both emerging composers and legends of Québécois music, expect to be swept up in the energy of young, burgeoning talent… and in the enduring light of our stars. Composed of the Montreal Conservatory’s most gifted students and under the direction of Véronique Lacroix, the Musique Avenir ensemble is dedicated to contemporary music from here and abroad.
Véronique Lacroix, conductor
Émilie Girard-Charest, cello
Olivier Maranda, percussion
Hubert Tanguay-Labrosse, clarinet
- Figment (1994), 7:00celloÉmilie Girard-Charest, cello
- Aubes (1990), 15:00bass flute, double bass and percussionJeffrey Stonehouse, bass flute; Olivier Maranda, double bass; Olivier Maranda, percussion
- Paramirabo (1978), 15:00flute, violin, cello and pianoMarilène Provencher-Leduc,flute; Victor Fournelle-Blain, violin; Emmélia Blais-Dowdy, piano; Émilie Girard-Charest, cello
- Quetzalpapalotl (2009), 12:00PremiereOnix, guest ensemble; Alejandro Escuer, flute; Fernando Domínguez, clarinet; Edgardo Espinosa, cello; Abel Romero, violin; Edith Riuz, piano
- … l’oiseau du cri à la quête des ailes… (2004), 7:00clarinetHubert Tanguay-Labrosse, clarinet
- Mouvances migratoires (2008), 9:00PremiereEnsemble Musique Avenir directed by Véronique Lacroix; Onix, guest ensemble
- L’espace des phases (2008), 10:00Ensemble Musique Avenir directed by Véronique Lacroix; soloist: Olivier Maranda, percussion
Production Conservatoire de musique de Montréal