Thursday, October 1, 200920h00
- In person
Works by Bertrand, Tremblay and Vivier.
Homage Series: grand opening evening event! The SMCQ has lined up a “discovery concert” that propels the listener full shot into Gilles Tremblay’s universe. Four of his major works are unveiled here, revealing both his contemplative side and his love of playing: from the transformation of breath in a wind ensemble (Souffles) to the celebratory sound of 32 cow bells (Triojubilus), Tremblay’s range of colour and musical gesture is sure to surprise.
- Souffles (Champs II) (1968), 15:002 flutes (piccolo), oboe, clarinet, horn, 2 trumpets in
B-flat (trumpets in C), 2 trombones, piano, 2 percussions and double bass
- Triojubilus (1985), 17:00flute, harp and percussion
- Vers (Champs III) (1969), 24:002 flutes (piccolos), B-flat clarinet, horn in
F, trumpet in B-flat, 3 percussions, 3 violins and double bass
- Et je reverrai cette ville étrange (1981), 15:006 musicians
- Salve Regina (2009), 2:00Premierecello
With its many projects undertaken in partnership with members of the cultural milieus both here and abroad, the SMCQ has become a veritable institution for new music in North America.