Friday, April 23, 20108:00 pm
- In person
Bozzini Quartet performs works by Kondo, Palacio-Quintin and Tremblay.
Gilles Tremblay visits the composers’ salon where, year after year, the Bozzini quartet assembles a repertoire that is 100% Canadian. Other guests include clarinetist/improvisor/composer François Houle, pianist Pamela Reimer, percussionist Rick Sacks, and composers Linda C Smith, Michael Oesterle and Cléo Palacio-Quintin. Guests will have the pleasure of hearing their host perform Tremblay’s only string quartet, Croissant.
Clemens Merkel, violin; Stéphanie Bozzini, viola; Isabelle Bozzini, cello; Charles-Étienne Marchand, violin
- La volubile volute évolutive (2003), 4:00string quartet
- Hypsotony (1989), 7:42string quartet
- Le jardin des Hespérides (2005-06), 18:00Premierestring quartet and processing
- Oneiric Prosody (2007)Premiere (Montréal (Québec))string quartet
- Croissant (2001), 18:00string quartet
Production Quatuor Bozzini
Recipient of the 2007 Siemens Förderpreis and the Opus award for visibility abroad, over the past decade the Bozzini quartet has carried its passion for music ranging from traditional recital repertoire to break-out events around the world.