Friday, March 9, 201220h00
- In person
Ensemble Portmantô performs works by Brkljačić, Klanac, McKinley, Ristic and Sokolović.
Feet firmly planted in Montreal, ears tuned to the Balkan summits, discover the musical treasures of Southwestern European composers. This journey in concert is not only an occasion to mark the cultural exchange between our two corners of the world, but also a time to discover (or rediscover) Sokolović’s cultural roots. Works by composers either fully or partly Balkan in origin will be accompanied by the music of Maxime McKinley, composer-in-residence for the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur.
- 7:15pm — Round table with incumbent Maxime McKinley and Portmantô Ensemble.
- 8:00pm — Concert
- Wirkunst-Nijinski (2007), 10:00clarinet, violin, cello, percussion and piano
- Seven Illustrations and an Epilogue or When Ksing and Dunu Met Little Stana (A Short History of Belgrade) (2009)flute, cello and piano
- Jeux à vendre (2010-12), 20:00alto flute, clarinet, violin, cello and piano
- Portrait parle (2006), 12:00violin, cello and piano
- Environnements improvisés (2002)flute, clarinet, percussion, piano, violin and cello
Production Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur
The members of the Portmantô chamber ensemble create musical discoveries for listeners by weaving threads between various eras, or amongst composers, musicians and audiences.