Friday, October 14, 20118:00 pm
- In person
Works by Bertrand, Doré, Frehner, Frigon, Gilbert, McKinley, Palacio-Quintin and Sokolović.
Celebrate a decade of new works at the Chapelle Historique du Bon-Pasteur! The Chapelle celebrates its composer-in-residence programme, founded ten years ago by Simon Bertrand. To mark the event, incumbent Maxime McKinley offers a retrospective of this dazzling period with presentations of his predecessors’ works, all for solo instruments and performed by some of Montreal’s most reputed musicians. A McKinley work is also slated for performance, and, in keeping with the tribute theme and celebratory nature of the event, so is Sokolović’s Mesh!
Jérôme Ducharme, guitar
Brigitte Poulin, piano
Jacques Drouin, piano
Cléo Palacio-Quintin, hyper-flute
MariÈve Lauzon, flute
Lori Freedman, clarinet
Dorothea Hayley, soprano
- Mandala (2010), 11:00guitar
- La marée dans la bouche (2009), 5:00hyper-bass-fluteCléo Palacio-Quintin, hyper-bass-flute
- Axma (Relax) (2008)alto flute and fixed medium
- Finnegans Quarks Revival (2005-07)Excerptpiano
- Mesh (2004), 11:00E-flat clarinetLori Freedman,
- Ce que vit Kenjeke depuis la colline de Khabarousk (2002), 11:00soprano
- Excerptpiano (toy piano, accessories)
Production Fiolûtröniq, diffusée par la Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur
Restored in 1985, the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur is a major cultural centre in Montreal devoted to all kinds of music and home to nearly 200 concerts each year.