Thursday, October 13, 2011
- In person
Barbara Pritchard performs works by Adami, Bauer, Bizet, Blais, Giacosa, Halévy, Illica, Meilhac, Pritchard, Pritchard, Puccini, Sharman and Sokolović.
Halifax pianist and musical innovator Barbara Pritchard will present a solo piano recital at Acadia University. Hailed by William Littler of The Toronto Star as “one of our finest interpreters of contemporary keyboard music,” Miss Pritchard will play a program consisting of solo piano music by composers Robert Bauer, Jerome Blais, Mary Ellen Childs, David Litke, Alwynne Pritchard, Robert Pritchard, Rodney Sharman and Ana Sokolović.
Barbara Pritchard, piano
- Prelude and Fugue for GG (2007), 4:20piano
- Prelude, 2:16
- Fugue, 2:03
- (Dis-)Integration Variation (2011)stereo fixed medium
- Carmen (1875)Arr. Rodney Sharman, 1993 [original work]
- Madama Butterfly (1904)Arr. Rodney Sharman, 1990
- The Swallow (1917)Arr. Rodney Sharman, 1991
- Mesarch (1997), 5:00piano
- Es ist Genug! (2007)
- Time clips, primitive (1993)