Friday, February 22, 201319h00
- In person
Works by Dillon, Furrer, Hyland, Mather and McKinley.
Pre-concert event, 6:15 pm, free admission
Three generations of Quebec composers and two key representatives from the European music scene present an extraordinary event conceived by baritone Vincent Ranallo and composer Maxime McKinley, within the framework of his residency at the Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur. Out of this musical garden adorned with prestigious guests rises Vincent Ranallo’s powerful voice, piercing through the works, including the transcendent Marc Hyland’s Rosarium diptych. Also eagerly awaited: works for baritone only, which showcase the singer’s entire vocal range. As rare as the desert rose!
- Mort objet petit a (2012), 6:00Premierebaritone (crotales) and piano
- Stimme — Allein (1997), 17:00baritone
- Deux poèmes de Wilfrid Lemoine (2013), 8:00Premierebaritone and cello
- Evening Rain (1981), 6:00baritone
- Rosarium (2005, 12), 12:00baritone, piano, flute and harp
- Désert (Rosarium II) (2013), 18:00Premierebaritone and fixed medium
Coproduction MNM / Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur