Friday, March 1, 201319h00
- In person
Works by Fujii, Miyoshi, Oesterle, Ogura, Sueyoshi, Takemitsu and Vivier.
Essential element of the Festival’s “voice and percussion” theme: The Fujii Family, recognized as virtuoso percussionists worldwide, arrive from Japan to present a masterful concert, with among other participants, 36 voices from the Toronto Children’s Chorus. Listening to several great “masters” from the land of the rising sun, you’ll enjoy a rare opportunity to discover the exceptional, crystalline timbre of the sanukite volcanic stones. Simultaneously evoking a Zen-like calm amidst chaos and tradition melded with modernity, this concert promises to immerse you in a fascinating exotic universe.
- Carrousel (2013), 10:00Premiere3 percussions and piano
- Yamagara Diary (1991), 15:00children’s chorus, marimba and sanukite
- Letters to God (1985), 7:00Premiere (Canada)children’s chorus, marimba and sanukite
- Seasons (1970), 15:004 percussions
- Mirage (1971)percussion
- Pulau Dewata (1977), 13:003 percussions and piano
- Hotaru Koi (1987)
Production MNM in collaboration with Soundstreams