Saturday, March 2, 20138:00 pm
- In person
Quatuor Lafayette and Quatuor Molinari perform works by Berg, Schoenberg and Webern.
An opportunity so rare as to be deemed exceptional: the complete string quartets from the second Viennese school presented in a single day, by two highly renowned Canadian quartets. This “day-long marathon,” which will submerge you into the sophisticated modern musical universe dating back to the beginning of the 20th century, is presented by none other than the Quatuor Molinari, which customarily features such epic performances. They meet this new challenge with British Columbia’s Lafayette Quartet. The celebrated Schoenberg-Berg-Webern trio can rest in peace: this event will do great honor to its fame.
- Langsamer Satz (1905), 10:00string quartet
- Five Movements, op 5 (1909, 29), 11:00string orchestra
- Quatuor à cordes, op 3, 19:00string quartet
- Quatuor à cordes no 3, op 30 (1927), 31:00string quartet
- Quatuor à cordes no 4, op 37 (1936), 32:00string quartet
- Rondo (1906), 8:00string quartet
- Lyric Suite (1926), 25:00
Coproduction MNM / Quatuor Molinari