Thursday, October 1, 20155:00 pm
- In person
Works by Giroud, Mahler, Rea, Schoenberg, Schumann and Wagner.
Rea a Romantic? Pianist Chris Goddard presents an evening focused on the musical melodrama Alma & Oskar, Rea’s re-telling of the the love story between Alma Mahler and Oskar Kokoschka. Presented for the first time in an arrangement for piano, mezzo-soprano and tenor, the work is surrounded by other works by Rea featuring a dramatic essence, plus a selection of romantic lieder — including several by none other than the passionate Alma.
Charlotte Jefferies, mezzo-soprano
Félix Dupont-Foisy, tenor
Christopher Goddard, piano
- Lent chagrin (2003), 2:00soprano and piano
- Dichterliebe, op 48 (1822-23)Excerpt
- Bettina, numéro de cirque d’outre-tombe (1999), 7:00soprano and piano
- Sechs Kleine Klavierstücke, op 19 (1911), 5:10piano
- Vier Lieder (1915)Excerpt
- Alma & Oskar (1995), 9:30voice and piano
- Wesendonk Lieder (1857-58)Excerpt
Production CMC Québec