Friday, October 7, 20167:30 pm
- In person
Works by Leroux, Rea, Therrien-Brongo, Tremblay and Vivier.
Percussionist David Therrien-Brongo and pianist Daniel Áñez join the Ensemble SaxoLogie for a concert uniting Quebec composers-teachers, past and present. John Rea holds a special place among them in a program featuring two of his works for saxophone quartet: Big Apple Jam (with acoustics) and Fantaisies et Allusions (with percussion).
David Therrien-Brongo, percussion
Daniel Áñez, piano
- Big Apple Jam (1987-91), 13:00saxophone quartet and MIDI sequencer
- Fantaisies and/et Allusions (1969), 12:00saxophone quartet and snare drum [optional]
- Levées (2009), 10:29saxophone quartet
- SPP (2000), 12:00soprano saxophone and piano
- Pulau Dewata (1977), 13:00Arr. David Therrien-Brongo, 1983 [original work]saxophone quartet and percussion
Coproduction SMCQ / Chapelle historique du Bon-Pasteur